AEL Summer Language School for teenagers
Enjoy learning and growing together!
The AEL summer school in Ashburton is
a complete language, social experience
where English is
the natural means of communications
and social interactions!
Learning by doing,
learning with joy
Learning from real life...
Our students will enjoy speaking English
in a friendly, safe environment!
Students will enjoy our activity-based programme that help them improve their confidence in understanding, speaking and learning English.
The lessons are almost dedicated to a good practice of spoken language for communications and social interactions while grammar contents focus on specific topics that students need to strengthen.
Team work and cooperative learning are encouraged throughout the summer school during English lessons as well as during the activities.
The art, craft and outdoor workshops will complete their language experience in various contexts of activity and enhance their joy of learning English!
In every moment we will take care not only of our students’ health and safety but also of their wellbeing, at school and within their host-family.
This means that we take care of their personal development in addition to their language improvement, especially their self-confidence, their active participation, their care for each other.
A happy community of learners,
a bright hope for the future!
- Venue: Sands School, Ashburton (Newton Abbot)
- Dates: 24 July – 4 August 2023 (2 weeks)
- Age range: 13 -16 (recommended age limits)
- Daily Schedule: Monday to Friday 09:30 to 16:00
- Full day outing: Saturday
- English lesson: 15 hours per week
- Creative activities: 10 hours per week
- Individual Tutorials
- Certificate of Completion
- Accommodation: Full Board Homestay
- Course Fee (2-week module): from £1,290.00 (GBP – British Pounds)
- You can travel independently or with an assisted group if available
- Airlines fee may vary depending on various factors (airlines; airports of arrival and departure; time of booking; means of transports for transfers)
- Arrivals & Departures: Over the weekends before & after the course
- Please ask for more information and details when booking a course
- What is included: Full programme and full-board accommodation
- What is NOT included:
- Journeys from/to your Country;
- personal insurance;
- personal expenses
Sands is an ideal venue for the AEL summer school for teenagers as it is located in the heart of Ashburton -a characteristic town at the edge of Dartmoor National Park- and offers safe, friendly, welcoming conditions.
Students can enjoy a sensible level of independence walking around the town with its colourful houses and several antique shops, pubs, tea and coffee rooms and can also enjoy learning in a child-focused environment.
“Genuinely child-centred teaching in small classes with a democratic ethos that fosters trust, mutual respect and self-directed learning” [learn more from Sands website]
This presentation of Sands -as outlined on their website- shows an affinity between the ethos of Sands and the ethos of AEL. Both are indeed practising deep respect for their pupils, for their needs and wellbeing, respecting individual pace and strategy of learning, supporting their thrive to grow through learning and working together.
Please note that the AEL summer language school is an entirely independent organisation, kindly housed by Sands.
The international summer school 2022
Watch the creative music led by Adrian
See the pictures of summer 2022
Pictures of the school
Get in touch
Please contact us and we will be happy to help!